Back Palliative Care and Heart Failure Virtual Conference - Tuesday 29th June 2021
Join us as we share expertise from world renowned keynote speakers and innovative approaches to improving the lives of patients with heart failure and palliative care needs. Reflecting on research, experience and emerging practice, this virtual event provides the ideal opportunity to drive discussion and unlock ideas together.
Who should attend?
Clinicians from cardiology and palliative care backgrounds, allied healthcare professionals and others.
World class keynote speakers include:
Dr James Beattie – Consultant Cardiologist and Heart Failure Lead, member of the British Society for Heart Failure and the Heart Failure Association of the European Society of Cardiology and Trustee of the National Council for Palliative Care
Professor Miriam Johnson – Professor of Palliative Medicine at Hull York Medical School, Director of the Wolfson Palliative Care Research Centre at the University of Hull Dr Haider J Warraich Associate Director, Heart Failure Program, VA Boston, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School
Dr Purushottam Desai – Consultant Cardiologist, University Hospitals Birmingham, Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Packed programme of panel discussions and workshops include:
- Heart Failure and Palliative Care: Challenges and Opportunities
- Research priorities for advanced heart failure
- Ethical decision making
- Heart Failure in people with a history of migration Heart failure needs assessment – evidence and practice
- Breath-Body-Mind integration (BBMi): a holistic approach to living and working with breathlessness
- Oedema management (drug and non-pharm)
- Integration that works
To read more, please click the link below:
To register, please click here