A Population Health Approach to Lipid Management: Primary Care Guidance
Promotional series organised and fully funded by Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Ltd.
Following recent updates in guidance and the treatment pathway for secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease1, this series focuses on the use of inclisiran for treating primary hypercholesterolaemia or mixed dyslipidaemia .
Leqvio is indicated in adults with primary hypercholesterolaemia (heterozygous familial and non-familial) or mixed dyslipidaemia, as an adjunct to diet:
- in combination with a statin or statin with other lipid-lowering therapies in patients unable to reach LDL-C goals with the maximum tolerated dose of a statin,
- or alone or in combination with other lipid-lowering therapies in patients who are statin-intolerant, or for whom a statin is contraindicated. Leqvio is indicated in adults with primary hypercholesterolaemia (heterozygous familial and non-familial) or mixed dyslipidaemia, as an adjunct to diet 2
Viewing the resources in the series will provide you with an opportunity to further understand the NICE technology appraisal for inclisiran3 and our panel of experts will propose practical ways of implementing this guidance.
The series consists of four assets:
MLR ID: 221550 | September 2022
The effect of inclisiran on cardiovascular morbidity and mortality has not yet been determined.
1. Khatib R and Neely D. AAC Clinical Subgroup: Summary of National Guidance for Lipid Management for Primary and Secondary Prevention of CVD 2021. Summary-of-national-guidance-for-lipid-management-for-primary-and-secondary-prevention-of-cardiovascular-disea.pdf (england.nhs.uk) [Accessed September 2022]
2. Leqvio® Summary of Product Characteristics 2022.
3. NICE Guidance TA733, 2021. Available at https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ta733. [Accessed August 2022]
Adverse Event Reporting:
Adverse events should be reported. Reporting forms and information can be found at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. Adverse events should also be reported to Novartis via email@example.com or online through the pharmacovigilance intake (PVI) tool at www.report.novartis.com
If you have a question about the product, please contact Medical Information on 01276 698370 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org