- About Us
The Primary Care Cardiovascular Society (PCCS) is a multi-disciplinary society reflecting the ideas and opinions of primary care healthcare professionals throughout the UK involved in managing cardiovascular patient care and improving cardiovascular health.
Our range of conferences throughout the year provide a stimulating forum for hearing the latest advances in cardiovascular medicine, sharing best practice and networking with colleagues and peers.
Membership of the PCCS is completely free for practicing healthcare professionals including: GPs, GPwSIs, GP Registrars, Nurses, Pharmacists and Physician Associates.
The objectives of the PCCS:
- To represent primary care cardiovascular health needs at policy level
- To promote best practice in primary care cardiovascular health through education, training and service development
- To support the development of primary care health care professionals in cardiovascular medicine
- To facilitate and lead primary care cardiovascular research
- To influence commissioners
Join the PCCS and benefit from the following:
- Access to our new, members only, CVD Academy offering educational opportunities in the form of online workshops focused around key CVD areas, with downloadable CPD certificates, and resources (including latest guidance and relevant publications)
- Access to high quality education in cardiovascular medicine for healthcare professionals working in primary care
- Access to AGM and regional meetings with a strong educational, clinical and regional content
- Attendance certificates/CPD credits issued at meetings
- Access to all areas of the PCCS website, including educational updates
- The ability to influence how cardiovascular care is delivered at a local and national level. Members of the society are involved in key national organisations and working groups, including NICE
- Potential involvement in Cardiovascular Advisory Committees
- Access to primary care and pharmaceutical company cardiovascular research projects
Join the PCCS
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
The Primary Care Cardiovascular Society (PCCS) is committed to celebrating our diverse membership and patient populations and aims to promote equality, diversity, and inclusion in all aspects of our work. PCCS encourages people from different professional and cultural backgrounds to join the society and we positively seek inclusivity in our council membership as we believe that this enriches everyone’s experience of being a member of the PCCS. Our commitment to inclusion and diversity aims to create a culture where everyone is welcome.
Further training on Equality, Diversity and Human Rights is available through the elearning for healthcare website: https://www.e-lfh.org.uk/
Key Societies and Organisations