Thank you to those of you who joined us for our 5th Annual Conference ‘Addressing the CVD Prevention Gap in Primary Care’ on Thursday, 29th and Friday, 30th September 2022.
This PCCS annual conference drew together an expert multidisciplinary faculty. It provided a forum for presentation and discussion of many varied aspects of cardiovascular disease including hypertension, lipid management, atrial fibrillation, cardiac rehabilitation, heart failure, heart valve disease, chronic kidney disease, peripheral arterial disease as well as a session on cardio-respiratory medicine.
This conference was developed by the PCCS. The sponsoring companies have had no input into the conference agenda, speaker selection or presentations, with the exception of the symposium sessions, for which the respective sponsoring companies are fully responsible.
Please note that speakers are not available to take questions from those watching on-demand.
Chair: Dr Jim Moore
- What is population health, why is it important and how do we deliver it in CVD prevention?
Speaker: Dr Shahed Ahmad
Session 1: Hypertension
Chair: Prof Terry McCormack
- Why prioritise hypertension diagnosis and management?
Speaker: Prof Neil Poulter
- How do we deliver population health in hypertension?
Speaker: Dr Hannah Morgan and Kyle Ruddy
Session 2: LIPIDS
Chair: Dr Peter Green
- How are we performing in lipid management in England
Speaker: Jules Payne
- How do we deliver population health in hyperlipidaemia?
Speaker: Mahmoud Khodadi
Session 3: Atrial Fibrillation
Chair: Trudie Lobban
- Atrial fibrillation detect, protect and perfect across England
Speaker: Helen Williams
- Delivering predict, detect, protect and prevent in AF in primary care
Speaker: Prof Ahmet Fuat
"Excellent info and delivery by both Helen & Prof Fuat"
Session 5: Heart Failure and Heart Valve Disease
Chair: Professor Roy Gardner
- SGLT2 inhibition in people with heart failure: what does the evidence tell us
Speaker: Dr Jim Moore
- Detection of valve disease in primary care
Speaker: Dr Murad Khan
"Very useful lecture by both, thank you"
Session 6: Cardio-Respiratory Session
Chair: Carol Stonham
- COPD and CVD - how managing them in tandem can improve outcomes
Speaker: Dr Katherine Hickman
- Suspect, Detect, Protect and Perfect: HF in primary care
Speaker: Prof Ahmet Fuat
"Fantastic session and so relevant to what we do in everyday practice."
Session 7: CKD and PAD
Chair: Dr Kathryn Griffith
- CKD and CVD - a deadly combination?
Speaker: Dr Raj Thakkar
- PAD recognition in primary care simplified
Speaker: Peng Wong
"Excellent presentations by Raj and Peng, so useful, thank you"